What's Needed to Use Cloth
- 15-30 if full time and depending on how often you want to wash
- Biodegradable Nappy Liners – even though these are disposable the wet ones can be washed ans the poopy ones can be flushed. They needed to protect the nappies from staining and saves scrubbing dirty nappies.
- Night Nappies or Booster Pads – as bubba will be in the nappy for longer periods at night (hopefully they sleep longer) they need additional boosting to prevent leaks
- 6 – 8 Nappy covers – these are needed if using flat nappies as most MCN’s have the waterproof cover as part of the nappy.
- 15-25 Cloth Baby Wipes
- Detergent or pre soak.
- 1 or 2 large nappy pails - it’s better to use a pail with holes for aeration. An example of this would be a plastic washing hamper with a lid. This may seem strange but an enclosed container will encourage ammonia production which is what creates a smell and can damage your nappies. It sounds crazy but an open, airy dry pail is the best way to reduce smells.
- 1 x Nappy Change Mat/table for home