What's Needed to Use Cloth
- 15-30 if full time and depending on how often you want to wash
- Biodegradable Nappy Liners – even though these are disposable the wet ones can be washed and the poopy ones can be put in a bin. Some will say they’re flushable but it’s not a good idea to flush otherwise they can block the pipes. They’re needed to protect the nappies from staining and saves scrubbing dirty nappies.
- Night Nappies or Booster Pads – as bubba will be in the nappy for longer periods at night (hopefully they sleep longer) they need additional boosting to prevent leaks
- 6 – 8 Nappy covers – these are needed if using flat nappies as most MCN’s have the waterproof cover as part of the nappy.
- 15-25 Cloth Baby Wipes
- Detergent or pre soak.
- 1 or 2 large nappy pails - it’s better to use a pail with holes for aeration. An example of this would be a plastic washing hamper with a lid. This may seem strange but an enclosed container will encourage ammonia production which is what creates a smell and can damage your nappies. It sounds crazy but an open, airy dry pail is the best way to reduce smells.
- 1 x Nappy Change Mat/table for home